Educational Visits at Seven Hills Primary School
At Seven Hills Primary school, we recognise the importance of giving children opportunities to enrich their learning by taking part in Educational Visits throughout their time with us. Each year group from Reception to year 6, have the opportunity to go on local visits within our community as well as trips further afield. To ensure the safety of children and staff whilst on trips we ensure that a form is completed on our EVOLVE online system. This includes information about the attendees, staff to child ratios, medical needs and thorough risk assessments that identify any hazards that may happen whilst on the visit and the procedure to follow. Category 3 visits such as residentials are approved by the Local Authority prior to the visit taking place.
What are the benefits of Educational visits?
- Students learn best when they can see, hear, and experience things first-hand. Multi-sensory learning is an important part of our school life, and school trips answer the requirements of all five senses. It's because of this that we arrange trips to help children learn more about the subjects that they are studying.
- Visiting important historical landmarks and great museums gives our students the opportunity to visualise, experience and discuss the topics they study in order to gain greater understanding. Not only do our students recall the experience long after the trip, we hope that they will start to develop historical empathy, contextualise historical actions and understand people of the past.
- Local visits provide our children with the opportunity to experience first-hand the history, geography, culture and diversity of the area that they live in.
- Educational Visits provide the opportunity to develop greater bonds between our students and teachers. School trips are a great way for staff to build a strong rapport with the children in their class. Students who have a good connection with their teachers are more motivated and connected to what they are taught.
- When in a new environment, our children need to work as a team with other classmates outside of their normal group. This helps them to develop their skills of team work, resilience and confidence working with different people further enhancing many of the skills taught in PSHE.
- Children make lifelong memories and have a fun learning experience! (The adults too!)
To see where our children visit each year please look at the Educational Visits long term plan. We also have many opportunities throughout the year for children to take part in learning on-site by external providers as part of our enrichment of our curriculum work.